You are currently viewing The Danger of DIY Mold Cleanup

The Danger of DIY Mold Cleanup

Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture, which means that no home can be 100% sure that it will never have a mold problem. And even though you might want to clean up a mold problem on your own, it’s not safe or easy. Between the health risks and the risk of making the problem worse, this is a job you should leave to the experts. People who try to remove mold on their own can do more harm than good.

1. Mold is Dangerous to Clean

The health of everyone who comes into contact with indoor mold damage can be put at risk because it is dangerous. Mold spores can cause sneezing, a runny nose, itchy or watery eyes, and asthma symptoms to get worse when they get in your airways. People who have weak immune systems are more likely to get sick from mold exposure.

There are many people who could get sick if they try to clean up mold on their own. Mold spores can quickly spread through the air if you don’t use the right cleaning tools and techniques. If you have mold in your home or business, it’s always best to call in a professional mold removal service to get rid of it. This is because there are so many serious health risks.

2. You Don't Know What is Causing the Mold

The best way to fight mold is to get rid of the moisture that lets it grow. People can get too much moisture from things like humidity, leaking pipes and appliances, spills, wetness in bathrooms, and more. In order to get rid of mold, you need to get to the root of the problem. A mold remediation company, on the other hand, knows how to find and get rid of the source of the problem, even in places you might not think to look.

3. You don't know what kind of mold you have.

Not all mold is the same. Some molds are more dangerous and hard to clean than others, and only a professional mold inspection and testing service can tell for sure what kind and how bad a given outbreak is. You might be able to tell if there is mold by looking at it or by the musty smell it gives off. But knowing how to get rid of the mold will require special tools and methods. In order to figure out how mold spores are, they must be sent into a lab. Different types of mold don’t work with the same cleaning agents. Toxic black mold is a very dangerous growth, and the last thing you want to do is make things worse by not getting rid of it properly.

4. You Can't Solve the Whole Mold Problem.

Then, it’s important to know that many DIY mold removal methods can not only fail to get rid of mold, but can even make it worse. Sometimes, even if you paint over it, spray it with bleach, or scrub it with simple soap and water, mold will come back. What you could do in these situations is stir up mold spores and make them airborne, which could cause health problems and make the mold spread even more. You should call in a professional Miami mold removal company at 954-799-4420 when there is an outbreak. Mold can be hard to get rid of.

There’s a lot of information out there that tells you how to get rid of mold in your home using everyday household products. Bleach and vinegar are the two products on top of that list. But, can bleach or vinegar kill mold? Let’s take a look at what products can actually kill mold and how you can use them effectively in your home.

Does bleach kill mold?

That bleach kills mold is a myth! Bleach only kills the mold on the surface, not the membrane that lives under the black, fuzzy growth. This is true. When it comes to mold, this is where the real trouble is. If you use bleach to get rid of mold, it will usually come back with a vengeance. Bleach isn’t able to get into porous surfaces like drywall or wood, so mold membranes will hide deeper into the surface they’re on to avoid the chemical.

First, the mold sees it as a threat and can use it as a food source to grow more quickly. The bleach you use to get rid of mold can make the problem worse. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) doesn’t think bleach should be used to kill or remove mold, unless it’s done by a professional in a very specific way. If you want to get rid of mold in your home, bleach isn’t going to do the job.

Is vinegar good for getting rid of mold?

You don’t have to buy bleach just because it’s out. You already have something in your pantry that can kill mold. There is a powerful tool in your kitchen that you didn’t know about. To get rid of mold, white vinegar is a mild acid that can kill about 82 percent of the different kinds. It can also help keep mold from coming back in the future.

People use vinegar to get rid of mold because it is antifungal and antibacterial. There is a lot of acetic acid in vinegar, and it has a pH level of 2.5. It’s because vinegar has a high pH level that it can stop and slow down the growth of mold, fungi, and other things that grow.

It’s important to know that vinegar can kill mold, but it doesn’t work for every kind. You can’t do this on your own. You need an expert like ServiceMaster by Reed to kill the mold and get rid of it from your home. We have the tools and skills to keep your mold problem from spreading and to make sure that your mold is removed completely.

Why Hire Professional Mold Remediation Company?

If you think you have mold in your home, the best way to plan for its removal is to hire ServiceMaster by Reed, a company that has a lot of experience with mold. They can do an initial mold inspection. This inspection helps you figure out what kind of mold is in your home and how bad the damage is so that you can use the best cleanup methods.

It is possible to get sick from mold and dampness in homes. Having mold and dampness in your home can also be bad for your home’s contents or structure and make it smell bad, which could cost you a lot of money to fix or manage. If the problem is big, recurring, or can’t be found (hidden mold), experts like ServiceMaster by Reed may need to help you.

What happens during a home mold inspection, what to look for in a mold inspector, and how to remove and clean up mold.

VISUAL INSPECTION: A visual inspection looks for mold all over your house, even in places like the HVAC system. That inspection doesn’t just look at the inside of your house. It also looks at the outside. The inspection also looks at the exterior of the building and the landscape around it.

A correct diagnosis is made after an inspection. The sources of moisture intrusion and/or relative humidity are found.

FUNGAL SAMPLING: Air, surface, and bulk samples are taken to find out what kind and how much of it there is. Air sampling, for example, can help you figure out if the mold in your house is the kind that makes you sick when you breathe it in.

WRITTEN REPORT: The report will include findings and suggestions for how to fix problems and keep mold from growing in the future.

Since ServiceMaster by Reed has been identifying and removing mold from homes and businesses of all sizes for years, they have the know-how and tools to deal with even the most difficult mold problems.

Call ServiceMaster by Reed at 954-922-2020 or connect with us online today. We will arrive in 30 minutes or less.

We can help you come up with a plan to get rid of the mold and stop it from spreading before it gets worse. There’s a lot at stake when you hire a professional to clean your home or business.